YP Members – ’13-’14
2013 – 2014 Young Philanthropist’ Grantees
2013 Funded Grants:
- $500.00 – Northern Virginia Urban League Young Professionals Network
2013 Young Philanthropist Ventures (formerly known as Giving Circles Projects):
- $2,074.00 – The Institute for Student Health – Sponsored tuition for 25 students to participate in a youth health initiative – the Dance, Dig & Dine Summer Program | GRANT REPORT
- $2,000.00 – The Homeless Children’s Playtime Project – Sponsored camp fees for three homeless youth to attend YMCA Summer Camp. | GRANT REPORT
- $2,042.00 – Potomac Lighthouse Charter School – Sponsored the purchase of three laptops and blended literacy learning programs for 144 students attending this charter school. | GRANT REPORT
2013 Skills-Based Ventures Grants (formerly known as Giving Circles Projects):
- Black Male Mentorship – A Giving Circle Team recruited 50 Black men to mentor 50 young Black boys participating in three mentoring programs. Each boy received a journal written by Brandon Frame of the BlackManCan Institute.
- Ward 7 Food Deserts – A Giving Circle Team educated youth attending Kelly Miller Middle school about how to choose healthy food options during lunch and breakfast by facilitating a food demonstration and handing out “health-eating” paraphernalia.